Thursday, March 29, 2012

Minal and Metaphysics


When my daughters were young, they would often voice thoughts such as, “Why are we born?” “What is the purpose of life?” “Where do we come from?”

I remember trying to answer these complex questions but I cannot for the life of me, recall the exact content of my response. It is possible that I was either convincing enough or more likely, I did not make sense for it has been a while since these existential curiosities found expression, on the infrequent occasions the two are home.

Of one thing I am certain; my response would have arisen out of an incomplete perception absorbed and assimilated  from my infrequent reading of “self-help” books, and I did a lot of that while growing up. My first such book was probably digested in 1979. I remember reading “The Law of Success” elucidating the theory of the “master mind” by Napoleon Hill and Andrew Carnegie.

In 1992 while out on family outing in Jalandhar, I picked up a book called, “The Giant Book of The Supernatural”. Its jacket claimed the book had been edited by Colin Wilson, the phenomenological existentialist. “Many Lives, Many Masters” by Dr Brian Weiss followed as did the “Autobiography of a Yogi” by Paramahansa Yogananda. And then of course, who has not read “The Secret” by Rhonda Byrne.

Call it the paranormal, the spiritual, the less understood, the psychic, the Karmic…all these books were brushes at a second or a third level until today.

Minal Arora’s was a printed name scheduled on the school teachers’ seminar calendar against three words, “Past Life Regression”. I knew I was interested but was unprepared for the force with which the fascination came washing up as the session progressed. In an informal, informed, interesting delivery, Minal took us through a dialogue on healing and the soul’s journey. Yes, there was talk of soul clusters, spirit guides, karmic connections and their resolutions, the new age shift, spiritual regression, levels of evolution, significance of tough lifetimes, interpretations of hell, the final objective of a complete learning and the accompanying release from the cycle of birth and death.


To most of us, caught up in the routine roller coaster of everyday events, any talk of the extra-terrestrial planes elicits  a scoffing impatience but the signs are all around us.

I have, since the interaction, been feeling empowered, better equipped, soundly armed, if you will! It is as though I was handed a spanking, brand new, viewing lens today. I can’t wait to engage with my daughters on their metaphysical questions soon.

Minal’s several links:

No comments: